The Ysabel Manor Apartments was a 28-unit apartment building at 1820 Park Blvd. between the Parkway Theatre and the Parkway Apartments. The building was constructed in 1927 and designed by Clay N. Burrell. The ground floor was designed as commercial spaces; on opening, 1824 was leased to Pon Honor grocery stores. 1
When constructed, the apartments featured Kelvinator refrigerators, Marshall and Stearns wall beds, and were furnished by Mulkey Mattress Co. 1
It's unknown what year the building was demolished. It still appears on the 1950 Sanborn map, but the addresses 1816 through 1824 Park aren't listed in the 1967 reverse directory. The location is now the parking lot of an auto parts store.
Links and References
- Fine Apart. Building Opens on Park Blvd. Oakland Tribune September 4, 1927
- Apartment Building Open on Park Blvd. Oakland Tribune September 11, 1927