The Woodminster Musicals are an annual series of musicals at the Woodminster Amphitheater that have been going on since 1942.
John and Margaret Falls produced musicals from 1942 to 1947 with the Victory Players, and then 1951 to 1966 with the Oakland Light Opera Association. The city of Oakland began sponsoring them in 1950.
Jim and Harriet Schlader first began producing Broadway musicals at Woodminster in 1967 after a career on Broadway. 2
Links and References
- Woodminster Summer Musicals website
- Town Crier: Woodminster musicals deserve support ginnyprior.com
- Schlader to receive lifetime award for 50 years of Woodminister Oakland Tribune February 10, 2016
- Woodminster and 50 years of music under the stars OaklandMomma.com
- Summer Concerts at Woodminster Bowl Oakland Tribune May 28, 1944
- Expanded Season for Park Theater Oakland Tribune February 14, 1967