The Webster Apartments are in a small building at 1614 Webster Street (1312 Webster before 1912 renumbering), which also includes 2 retail spaces. The building dates to sometime between 1903 and 1906.
The first mention by address found is in December 1906. The first mention by name found is in October 1909, advertising rents from $25 to $27.50. 1
The building was remodeled in 1933 by the owners and managers, James Rennie and Bertha C. Rennie. 2
Links and References
- classified ad Oakland Tribune October 17, 1909
- Apartments Are Remodeled Oakland Tribune July 2, 1933