The Washington Brewery was located on Broadway between 8th and 9th Streets, Oakland in the 1860s / 1870s. In the 1887 Oakland Directory there several employees listed (most with German surnames) so the Brewery was still in business at that time.
Gieschen & Company operated the Washington Brewery in 1869. In 1887 Westermann & Company (Adolph Westermann, Louis Graber and Charles Helmke) were listed as the proprietors of the Washington Brewery, with the company offices located on the northwest corner of 5th and Kirkham Streets.
Links and References
- BANC PIC 1996.003:Volume 27:123a--fALB UC Berkeley Bancroft Library