The Wakefield Building is a large, brick building at 426 - 17th Street. It was completed sometime between 1924 and 1925 (sources vary), and was owned by W. H. Wakefield who was a doctor and had an office in the building. The architect was Charles W. McCall of the McCall and Davis firm.
It was designed in a T shape with the stairs and elevator at the center to ensure that all offices would have natural light. 2