If you're visiting Oakland, here are some things to check out. Many of these are free!
Places to visit
- Cleveland Cascade nature staircase
- Lake Merritt Wild Duck Refuge at Lake Merritt
- Lakeside Park Garden Center
- Bay Bridge. You can bike on the bridge now and enjoy views of the old bridge.
- Oakland Museum of California
- Redwood Regional Park
- Joaquin Miller Park
- Robert Sibley Volcanic Regional Preserve. Try out the Labyrinths.
- Huckleberry Botanic Regional Preserve
- Morcom Rose Garden
- Mountain View Cemetery. Learn about local history on the women's walking tour.
- Children's Fairlyand (children required!)
- Sausal Creek Walk
Other lists of things to do in Oakland:
- 50 Things to Do in Oakland Before You Die by 7x7 (a San Francisco magazine...)
- Hidden and not so Hidden Gems of Oakland by Bold Italic
- Best Nature Getaways in Oakland by Bold Italic