Van the Stove Man was a gas and electric appliance sales, installation and repair business that was started c. 1930 by a Mr. Van Allen, hence the name. In about 1950, it was purchased by two employees, Harold "Hal" Carroll and Barney Blough, and incorporated on March 1, 1951. It was located for many years at 4609 Foothill Blvd., across from Fremont High School. Rehabilitation of classic Wedgewood ranges and Servel gas-powered refrigerators was a specialty. Shortly after Blough retired in the 1980s, Carroll moved the business to his residence at 1522-1524 - 41st Avenue. He retired c. 1990 and the corporation was dissolved.