1896 drawing 1

The Union Savings Bank was established in 1869 by A. C. Henry. It was just the second bank formed in Alameda County. It was absorbed by the Central Bank in 1914.

Until 1905, the bank was on the southeast corner of Broadway and 9th Street. Between 1905 and 1914, the bank was in the Union Savings Bank - Easton Building.

Bank Directors

Directors - 1874

1874 directory listing

Officers - 1896

  • Thomas Prather - president
  • J. West Martin - vice-president
  • Charles E. Palmer - cashier

Directors - 1910

Links and References

  1. Illustrated Directory of Oakland 1896