Located in San Francisco, the Union Gas Engine Company moved to Oakland, California following the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake and Fire. The company began development of diesel engines beginning in the 1920s and was renamed the Union Diesel Engine Company. From 1910 to 1967 Otto Fischer was President of Union Diesel, and following his death, his daughter Harriet Fischer Newell became head of the company.
In 1911 the factory was located on Diesel Way, in Oakland, California. 1
Links and References
W. F. Stone & Son, (The Stone Boat Yard), Oakland CA Shipbuilding History