Take Charge of Your Health - featuring Supervisor Keith Carson
Free Healthcare Forum for Individuals and Business Owners
Saturday, September 21, 9am-2pm
Oakland Technical High School, 4351 Broadway
Join Alameda County Supervisor Keith Carson to learn about health care options for business owners and individuals
With Obamacare, as a small business owner you will now have expanded options and support in offering health insurance to your employees. The Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP) is a new way to buy high-quality health insurance for your employees and opens for business October 1, 2013 for employers with 50 or fewer employees. You can compare health plans online and you may qualify for a small business health care tax credit worth up to 50% of your premium costs. For employers with 50 or more employees, you will be required to cover your employees starting on January 1, 2015. To learn more about what these changes mean for you and your employees and where to get high quality health care in the East Bay, come to the informative FREE event.
The clock is ticking -- you must be enrolled or face being fined by the IRS if you don't have or purchase health insurance by January 1, 2014. Get all the details and take charge of your health today!
Experts will be present to inform attendees about:
- Panel Discussion: How Health Care is Delivered Today in the East Bay and What it Will Look Like in Five Years
- Workshop 1: Small Businesses: When and How to Enroll your Employees in Obamacare
- Workshop 2: Medi-Cal Enrollment: Will I be Eligible in 2014?
- Workshop 3: How to Purchase Health Insurance through Covered California Workshop 4: Health Care Reform & Medicare: What It Means for You
- Workshop 5: The Impact of Health Care Reform on Women
For more info and to RSVP: 272-6695 or click here