The Sunset Telephone Company was an early telephone company. Their red brick Georgian building at 1649 - 12th Avenue was built in 1906, designed by architect A. A. Cantin, and was converted into a church about 1950.
The Sunset Telephone and Telegraph Company was incorporated in 1883, and combined several smaller exchanges. They were merged into Pacific Telephone & Telegraph in 1907.
Links and References
- Oakland: The Story of a City by Beth Bagwell
- Days Gone By: Ring a ling! Contra Costa calling in 1881 Contra Costa Times September 5, 2010
- An historical review of the San Francisco Exchange (p. 88)