The Seulberger-Dunham Building is a small commercial building at 1924 Franklin St. It was built for J. Carl Seulberger, L. Dunham, Fred D. Alexander, and E.S. Veitch in 1927. It was designed by architect James T. Narbett. 1
One of the first tenants was the Rucker-Fuller Desk Company. 2 Over the years, there were a variety of tenants, including the Oakland College of Commerce, which featured SpeedWriting (shorthand) courses, and had the entire second floor (1928), Wingett Chemical Labs (1928), Ruby Gann Dance Studio (1937), Modern Studios of Analysis (charm school) (1939), the Oakland Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol (1942), and the Oakland Business and Professional Women's Club, who had to move because their club building was needed for war-time housing (1944).
After WWII, tenants included Andreasen & Chambers furniture (1946), Dictaphone Corporation (1948), Bay Counties Collection Agency (1964), Fidelity Savings (1966), Evelyn Wood Reading Dynamics Institute (1968), the Speedwriting Institute (1968), Scott-Hermansky advertising (1968), Beier-Gunderson office interiors (1977), Allstate Contractors School (1978), Central Copy Service (1979), The Weight Place (1979), and Computer Centrum (1987).