Roselawn (sometimes referred to as 'Rose Lawn') was the historic estate originally built by John C. Ainsworth in 1880 [sayeth one source], and then owned by Oakland pioneer Charles Butters from 1903 to 1927.  The estate, comprising twelve buildings on nearly 15 acres, was the largest and finest in the area.  Roselawn was located in Claremont, in what is now the Rockridge District of Oakland, California. Many lavish parties were given at the estate by Mrs. Charles Butters.  

Additional Links