Rockridge Woman's Club was a women's club formerly located at 5862 Keith Avenue between College Avenue and Broadway in Rockridge. The clubhouse was designed in the early 1920s by Miller and Warnecke, and was demolished to allow the construction of the Grove Shafter Freeway and BART through Rockridge. The club itself survived until approximately 2010, but has now been dissolved. 5

Pacific Coast Architect cover showing a portion of the clubhouse
(fair use) 1
Oakland Tribune photomontage 2

This circa 1950s photo seems to be the same one used by the Tribune in 1965 (fair use3Photo from Oakland Tribune article about the pending demolition of the clubhouse 4

 

Links and Resources

  1. Pacific Coast Architect, June 1927
  2. Oakland Tribune, June 17, 1925
  3. Wolf, Robin & Wolf, Tom, Images of America, Rockridge, Arcadia Publishing, August 2007 (note typo in the name of the club)
  4. Wright, Louise, "Progress and the Rockridge Women," Oakland Tribune, October 24, 1965
  5. California Secretary of State's records for Rockridge Woman's Club, a California nonprofit corporation