The Redwood Roundup (later the Redwood Inn) was a bar at 6415 Redwood Rd., not far from the Piedmont Stables in Redwood Regional Park. It was popular with equestrians and others who frequented the area. The 1944 directory lists it simple as The Roundup.
According to Oakland's Equestrian Heritage, it was owned by George and Helen Willis from the 1940s. Their son Don took over when they retired and renamed it the Redwood Inn. "Until the 1970s, it was not unusual to see horses tied out front while their owner stepped inside for a bite or some liquid refreshment." 1
The building was demolished in 1995. 1
Links and References
- Oakland's Equestrian Heritage by Amelia Sue Marshall, Arcadia Publishing