R. A. Doty Star Cars was an automobile dealership at the corner of 12th Street and Fallon which sold the Star line of Durant Motors automobiles. The dealership was owned by Royal A. Doty, who had previously sold General Motors cars in Nebraska. It was designed by W. K. Owen, 1 who also oversaw the construction. 2
While the dealership building was being constructed, Star Cars temporarily sold cars at 1535 Harrison Street. The new building was torn down for the construction of the Oakland Museum of California. The building at 1535 Harrison still stands.
Links and References
- New Pekin-Low Restaurant Embodies the Best of Chinese Art; Built by W. K. Owen Oakland Tribune December 7, 1924
- Builders' Exchange Bulletin Oakland Tribune August 12, 1923