The Pullman Hotel was a small hotel at the northwest corner of 7th and Pine Streets in West Oakland from 1885 to at least 1928.
The hotel opened in 1885 with J. Oliphant, proprietor. It had formerly been 7th St. House, with William Farmer, proprietor.
Mrs. John Leach was listed as the proprietor in the 1887 directory. 4
The Mint Saloon was on the ground floor c.1895.
The building suffered a severe fire in May 1914, the Tribune describing it as "practically destroyed." 2 It's unknown when the building was demolished. It no longer appears on the 1951 Sanborn, but a photo labeled as taken September 26, 1928 shows it still standing, and the hotel is listed in the 1928 Polk's Oakland directory. 1,5
Links and References
BANC PIC 1996.003:Volume 27:57a--fALB I0051747a.tif Courtesy UC Berkeley, Bancroft Library;
see also overall description of collection to confirm meaning of "Sept. 26/28"
Fires Stir Up Suspicion Oakland Tribune May 9, 1914
ad Oakland Tribune April 24, 1885