The Prescott-Joseph Center for Community Enhancement is a non-profit corporation organized in 1995 in the Prescott district of West Oakland. It evolved out of the conceptual scheme for the adaptive re-use of the former Saint Joseph's Convent as a center for community services, education, culture and development in West Oakland.
The former convent building was built in the 1870s as a house, and was moved to 920 Peralta and converted to the Convent of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1912. 1
920 Peralta Street, Oakland, California 94607
Links and References
- An Architectural Guidebook to San Francisco and the Bay Area by Susan Dinkelspiel Cerny
- ohrphoto.oaklandchurches.052.jpg Oakland History Center, Oakland Public Library