The Parks Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church is an AME church at 476 - 34th Street.
The building cornerstone is from 1915. It was originally constructed as the Second Church of Christ, Scientist.
The church was founded in 1919 as a mission, and named for Rev. H.B. Parks. A charter was granted in 1920, and church was at 853 Chester St.
In the 1950s, the church had outgrown its quarters, and moved to 724 - 14th St.
Their congregation shifted eastward as more blacks moved to East Oakland. That and the construction of the Grove Shafter Freeway caused them to move to 34th Street in in 1969. 1,2