The Park View is a 1929 pre-war apartment building at 315 Park View Terrace in the Adams Point neighborhood. Designed by architect Lawrence Flagg Hyde in a theatrical Spanish Colonial style, the building opened in January 1930 as the Pon de Leo Apartments. Ads placed in the Oakland Tribune indicate that by 1934 the name had been changed to The Park View. 3 The building "is regarded as one of the highlights of the 1920s boom in apartment construction" 1 in the Lake Merritt area and is notable for its ornate entry and well-preserved grand lobby.
The construction included Marshall & Stearns wall beds, lighting fixtures from Maxwell Hardware, and other hardware from Simon Hardware. 2
Links and References
- An Architectural Guidebook to San Francisco and the Bay Area Susan Dinkelspiel Cerny
- New Pon de Leo Apartments Open to Public Oakland Tribune January 19, 1930
- classified ad Oakland Tribune August 26, 1934