The Park House was originally constructed in 1877-1878 at the southwest corner of 7th Street and Grove Street (now Martin Luther King Jr. Way), but has been moved twice. The first move was in 1910, when the house was moved about 50 feet west, converted to three separate flats, and a new apartment building was constructed in its original location. The house was relocated again to allow construction of the Grove Shafter Freeway. Currently, the Italianate Villa is one of sixteen historical houses in Oakland's Preservation Park. The house originally belonged to Charles O. Park, who painted rail cars for the Central Pacific Railroad.