The Pacific Tank and Pipe Company was located along the waterfront of Oakland Harbor on a tract of land more than 100 acres in size and had over a mile of deep water frontage. Ocean bound ships filled with northern forest lumber docked at the company, and three transcontinental railroad trains entered the plant, connecting with the industrial track system with runs throughout the entire storage years and factories. The plant specialized in the manufacture and production of Pacific Wood Stave Pipe and Tanks.
[ question: what years was it in operation? ]
Links and References
- Pacific Tank & Pipe Company, Oakland History Room, Oakland Public Library
- Pacific Wood Stave Pipe by Pacific Tank & Pipe Company (1921)