OaklandWiki needs help staying technically afloat, including: general support, software development and design improvements to the LocalWiki software, and OaklandWiki customizations!
Have a Question or Issue/Bug?
Leave a message:
- BUG 1 (link) - Description.
Join the Email List
Resources for Learning
- Python (programming language)
- Django (web framework)
- LocalWiki (django-based web application)
Phase 1 - Getting Started
- Create new intro resources for participating on the technical side of LocalWiki and OaklandWiki.
- Add new internal "templates" for LocalWiki, as well as Django templates.
Phase 2 - Making OaklandWiki's Architecture Dev-Friendly
- Set up remote Dev environment with dev-friendly installation of LocalWiki.
- Test Dev environment against Production database.
- Install development-friendly environment on Production.
- Install development-friendly environment on very accessible Test environment.
Phase 3 - Working on OaklandWiki
- Implementing feature branches such as the Semantic branch or the API branch to allow read/write access through a RESTful interface!
- Improving themeing by creating child-theme or sub-theme system.
- Making more technical customizations to OaklandWiki