The Oakland Running Festival takes place annually each March. The festival started in 2010, and includes the revived Oakland Marathon, as well as a relay marathon, a half marathon, a 5K run, and a children's fun run. Since 2010, it has raised over $1 million for local charities, and has brought thousands of runners in for a great experience of Oakland, bringing in an estimated $12 million in hotel, restaurant, and other tourist revenue. 1
2015: March 22
Full and half-marathon, 5K, kids' fun run, and team relay. Sunday, March 22. Snow Park, 19th and Harrison streets, Oakland.OaklandMarathon.com
Marathon starts at 7:30 am at Snow Park
Pick your distance and join 10,000 other runners: marathon, half-marathon, 5K, 4-person relay, kids’ fun run. Nationally recognized as the Bay Area race to run by Competitor Magazine. In addition to much of downtown, the marathon course will take runners around Fruitvale, San Antonio, Eastlake and Lake Merritt.
Interactive map of temporary detours and parking restrictions
Other event info
2014: March 23
- The Running Festival is looking for members for the "Cheering Section." If you would like to lead a "cheering section," please contact Tod at email@example.com
- To see the map, click here.
The Oakland Marathon was named the "Best Marathon" in the Pacific West Region in 2013. (See City Admin's report).
Photos and Videos
Links and References
- Oakland Marathon gets leg up on weather, mood Oakland Tribune March 26, 2012
- Oakland opens up its streets, heart to marathoners SFGate.com March 27, 2011
- Berkeley woman, Ethiopian man from San Jose win Oakland marathon Oakland Tribune March 27, 2011
- Oakland Running Festival participants enjoy good weather, strong crowd support Oakland Tribune March 23, 2014
- Oakland Running Festival gets the city's spirit racing SFGate.com March 21, 2014