This is a WANTED page. We need more content, images, sources, and links, preferably not just cut-and-paste from an external source.
Some books about the Raiders
- Badasses : the legend of Snake, Foo, Dr. Death, and John Madden's Oakland Raiders / Peter Richmond. New York : Harper, c2010.
- Better to reign in hell / Jim Miller and Kelly Mayhew. New York : New Press : Distributed by W.W. Norton, 2005.
- Cruisin' with the Tooz. John Matuszak and Steve Delsohn. Diamond Books. 1987.
- Football's Blackest Hole: A Fan's Perspective / Craig Parker. Berkeley, CA: Frog Ltd. 2003.
- The good guys: Oakland Raiders / Photography by Baron Wolman and Fred Kaplan. Text by Steve Cassady. Mill Valley, Calif. : Squarebooks, c1975.
- Pride & poise : the Oakland Raiders of the American Football League / by Jim McCullough. Bloomington, IN : Authorhouse, c2006.
- The Raiders Encyclopedia: All Players, Coaches, Games and more through 2009-2010 / Richard J. Shmelter. Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers, 2011.
- Raiders forever : stars of the NFL's most colorful team recall their glory days / John Lombardo. Lincolnwood, Ill. : Contemporary Books, c2001.
- Slick : the silver and black life of Al Davis / Mark Ribowsky. New York : Macmillan Pub. Co. ; Toronto : Maxwell Macmillan Canada ; New York : Maxwell Macmillan International, c1991.
- Snake / Ken Stabler and Barry Stainback. Garden City, N.Y. : Doubleday, 1986.
- Tales from the Oakland Raiders sideline : a collection of the greatest Raiders stories ever told / Tom Flores with Matt Fulks ; foreword by Jim Plunkett. New York : Sports Pub., c2012.
Raiders' Theme Song
The title of the Raiders' theme song is "The Autumn Wind." It was composed as a poem by former NFL Films President Steve Sabol. It was first used for the team's 1974 yearbook. Sam Spence composed the music.
The song's lines are as follows:
The Autumn Wind is a pirate
Blustering in from sea,
With a rollocking song, he sweeps along,
His face is weather beaten.
He wears a hooded sash,
With a silver hat about his head,
And a bristling black mustache.
He growls as he storms the country,
A villain big and bold.
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
As he robs them of their gold.
The Autumn Wind is a raider,
Pillaging just for fun.
He'll knock you 'round and upside down,
And laugh when he's conquered and won.