Oakland's historic Produce District, along 12th Street, between Webster and Harrison Streets. The site is currently occupied by Lighthouse Charter School in the former facility of Cochran and Celli, automobile dealers. (November 1916)

The Oakland Produce Market (aka "Wholesale Produce Market") began in 1916 in the area of 4th Street and Franklin Street and is still in operation today from Franklin Street between 1st to 5th Streets, one block north of Jack London Square.

Listed as encompassing 145 - 327 Franklin Street; 370 - 423 Second Street, architect Charles McCall.

This is a wholesale night market that runs from 1AM until about 7AM. Check out this Oakland North profile and slideshow of the market.

[BTW ... does anyone know about the current status of the Produce Market ... are the merchants still looking for a new location?]

Additional Links