The Oakland Pickle Factory and Vinegar Works was a canning business beginning c.1887 at 1622 Grove St. (now 2234-2238 Martin Luther King Jr. Way.) Rudolph Franke was one of the proprietors; he was later involved in the California Pickle and Sauce Company.
An 1888 notice notes the dissolution of the co-partnership between Franke, William Lewis, and M. Harris. 1
The 1905 directory lists George Gordon as president, and Adolph Kreye as secretary. 2 Kreye was involved in the California Pickle and Sauce Co., too, beginning in 1906.
The company is not listed in the 1906 directory, so presumably it closed or was merged into another company c.1905.
Links and References
- classified ad Oakland Tribune November 29, 1887