Brooklyn Firehouse, Oakland, California (JL)

The Brooklyn Firehouse, also known as Oakland Fire Department Station #4, is located in what was once the town of Brooklyn, but was later annexed by Oakland, and is now part of the City of Oakland, California.

On April 8, 1980 the 'Brooklyn Fire House' was designated Oakland Landmark #35, under Zoning Case #LM 80-40.

The firehouse was designed by Frederick Soderberg in 1909. 1,2 According to Betty Marvin, "The cornice and other classical detailing got removed some time in the mid 20th century."


1235 International Boulevard, Oakland, California

Links and References

  1. American Architect and Architecture Volume 94
  2. New Fire Engine Houses Building Oakland Tribune February 21, 1909