The Oakland Cream Depot was a dairy at the corner of 18th and Telegraph, founded by John A. Bliss in 1888.
In 1898, Bliss had a new, larger building constructed for the business. Milk came from Sweet Brier Dairy in Berkeley, Diamond Canyon Dairy near Blair's Park, and Mt. Eden Dairy near San Leandro. 1
Bliss retired in 1909, and Herbert P. Glasier took over. Glasier had been with the company since 1892, when he started as a bookkeeper. 2