Miss Merriman's School for Girls was located on El Dorado Avenue directly across from Oscar's Alley 1, the path between El Dorado and Harrison. The 1926 College and Private School Directory of the United States lists the date it was established as 1903 and Miss M.C. Merriman and Miss Ida Body as directors. The original address varies: 597, 624, and 697 El Dorado. Advertisements in 1914 issues of the Press Democrat list a Miss Merriman's at 620 Mariposa, perhaps a temporary location or second campus.
Links and References
- Memo Re: Rehabilitation of Trestle Glen Stairs November 10, 2006 page 15