In addition to the bust, the park included a flag pole 4 and a cannon. 1 In 1925, approval was given to add a plaque or statue of Ulysses S. Grant. 3
The park was removed when the Frickstad Viaduct was built c.1950. The bust was moved in front of the Alameda County Courthouse.
Links and References
- Women, Girls of '61 Oakland Tribune January 23, 1921
- Bronze Bust of Lincoln Will Be Dedicated Oakland Tribune June 29, 1922
- Park Directors Approval Rifle Range at Sequoia Oakland Tribune February 4, 1925
- Civil War Women to Entertain Veterans Oakland Tribune July 21, 1922
- New Courthouse 50% Complete Oakland Tribune January 23, 1936