<--back to Oakland Wiki Meeting Notes
April 25, 2013 Oakland Wiki Meeting Notes
Attendees: Ivan, Dennis, Marina
Peralta Hacienda Debrief
- Earth Day/Cambodian New Year
- We were set up at the front table
- They have a space and can do an editathon
- Made a page for a youth dance crew
- Developed a relationship with director there
- Also got a tour of the house
- Next steps: we can do an editathon there. Dennis will contact them about a date and see if they'd be willing to promote as well.
Studio One as a place to engage Temescal. It's next to Temescal pool. City-owned art studio. Would be great to engage with them.
Oakland Local Column
- First topic: "What is Oakland Wiki"
- Make sure we have a picture
- Free website about Oakland that anyone can contribute/add to/edit
- changing the narrative of Oakland. a platform.
- a non-intimidating way to engage with technology and the internet. an introduction to technology and specifically a wiki technology and how different that is from the usual way people interact with technology.
intention is to engage the community in events that result in pages that preserve our history and community knowledge. community participation... for example: community events and the work we produced:
- Mention peralta hacienda
- mention a fleshed out article. maybe the murals?