CC SA-BY Our Oakland

The McMullen Building is at 1308 Franklin Street. It was designed by H.H. Winner Co. of San Francisco and opened in 1925 as the Richfield Oil Company Building. 2 It was renamed for banker and lawyer John C. McMullen in 1943. 3

CC SA-BY Our Oakland


In 1925 it was called the Richfield Oil Company Building. Their headquarters were on the 4th floor, they occupied the building for about 10 years. After that the US Navy - Shore Patrol. The building was officially named the McMullen Building in 1943. 3

Oakland Tribune Jun 28, 1925 1

It is listed as a non-contributor to the Downtown Oakland Historic District.

Links and References

  1. The Richfield Oil Building Oakland Tribune June 28,1925
  2. Richfield Oil Building To Be Formally Opened... Oakland Tribune June 28,1925
  3. The Knave Oakland Tribune July 31, 1960