The Marshall Steel Company Cleaning Plant is the large brick building at 5427 Telegraph that is currently the site of such businesses as Mariposa Baking, Wine Mine, and Marshall Steel Cleaners. The back of the building is visible from eastbound Highway 24 just before the Claremont Avenue exit.
The building was designed by Alben Froberg for for the Marshall Steel Company, and opened in May 1934. The May 7, 1934 Oakland Tribune included an entire page with articles and ads about the new plant. 31285934.pdf Note that the plant is described as being at Telegraph and 54th Street, although 54th Street does not appear to have ever intersected with Telegraph Avenue (it deadends east of Shattuck Avenue.