The Lockwood-Tevis neighborhood is home to the Lockwood Gardens development.
Lockwood comes from a Mr. Lockwood, one of the trustees of the original school district. The original Lockwood School was started in 1858 by Isaac Yoakum. 1 The school district was formed in 1860, with Yoakum, Lockwood, and LaGrange as the trustees. 2 Tevis probably comes from Tevis St., which is possibly named for L. Tevis, an early landowner in the area c.1884.