The Locke Building (also John M. Locke Building) is a commercial building at 568-582 - 14th St. It was completed in 1912, built for John M. Locke, 2 designed by Charles W. Dickey. 3
Initial tenants included Toggery Suit and Cloak House, Nelle W. Stone photography, Oakland Trunk Factory, M. Strauss & Co., and Friend's millinery. 1
The building still stands, though the exterior has been changed substantially.
Links and References
- The Locke Building, 14th Street Bet. Clay and Jefferson Oakland Tribune April 26, 1912
- Unbounded Faith In The Future of Oakland Oakland Tribune April 28, 1912
- Wardrobe group celebrates new locale by Annalee Allen Oakland Tribune August 29, 2004