Interested in local history? Keep on reading…
Join other historico-curious people for in-person local history editathons! Add historical content to Oakland Wiki while learning about Oakland! We will be holding events at various libraries, museums and other repositories of cool local information.
- None for now! Sign up here to be notified of any future events.
- Sunday, July 7th, 1-5p at the Oakland History Room!
- Sunday, April 14: Oakland Wiki Goes Analog! We will be posting exemplary Oakland Wiki articles around town so that more people will hear about us! We will also take the opportunity to go on field trips to places whose articles need work.
- Weekend of April 6-7: Once again to the Oakland History Room.
- Sunday, March 31st, 1-5p: Big History editathon at the Oakland History Room!
- Sunday, March 24th: Oakland Wiki retreat: Volunteers spent a whole afternoon eating delicious food and planning!
- Sunday, March 17th, 5-??: Vegan Pizza Night!
- Sunday, March 17th, 1-5p: Oakland History Room meeting! We returned once more to our beloved.
- Weekend of March 9-10: Oakland Wiki vacation!
- Sunday, March 3rd, 1-5p: Oakland History Room! Find our event page here!
- Saturday, February 23rd, 9:30a-5p (come at any time): 81st Ave. Library! Oakland Wiki will be hosting an editathon during the Open Data Day Hackathon, a global event dedicated to using information technology to improve governance. Oakland Wiki will be focusing our efforts on civic issues such as city government, policies and politics. Find our event page here!
- Saturday, February 16th, 1-5p: Intentional Communities-themed editathon at a local cohousing community. *Due to the fact that the editathon will be taking place in a private residence, only people who have joined the Oakland Wiki announcements list will be informed of the location!! Join here!
- Sunday, February 10th, 1-5p: A very special Black History Month editathon at the Oakland History Room!
- Sunday, February 3rd, 1-5p: We hosted a special Oakland hackerspaces-themed local history editathon at Sudo Room, a downtown Oakland hackerspace and the home of Oakland Wiki. Editors also had the opportunity to use our growing Oakland History library collection for research. Check out the event page here!
- Sunday, January 27th, 1-5p: We held another fascinating editathon in the beautiful Oakland History Room in the main branch of the Oakland Public Library. Here are the day's highlights.
- Sunday the 20th: We returned to the Oakland History Room. We just can't get enough of the History Room--it's so special! See the event page here.
- Our first Sunday History Editathon was held on January 13, 2013 in the Oakland History Room of the main branch of the Oakland Public Library! Check out the day's event page here (including a link to the Oakland North article covering the event!).