The Lincoln Theatre was opened in 1921 with 880 seats, and operated in West Oakland until at least 1955. It was operated as a negro theatre by Joseph and Elizabeth Freeman. Later, it served as a church. After decades of abandonment, the roof caved in and the building was torn down in 2003. 1

Location

1620 - 7th Street (demolished)

Links and References

  1. Lincoln Theatre Cinema Treasures