1929 1

Larchmond Apartments and Croydon Apartments are two nearly identical buildings at 2416 and 2422 - 8th Ave. They were built in 1929 by Charles Knolty and T.C. Pimm.

When constructed, they included Frigidaire refrigerators, Spark stoves, and Marshall and Stearns wall beds.

There are actually four buildings in a row, 2416, 2422, 2430, and 2440, with the same footprint, differing only in some of the details like angled vs. rounded arches for the garage doors.

2440 to left; 2416 to right CC SA-BY Our Oakland


Links and References

  1. Apartments in Arbor Villa Tract Opened Oakland Tribune December 15, 1929