Lakeside (also known as the Gold Coast and the Lakeside Apartments District) is a mostly residential neighborhood located between Downtown and Lake Merritt. The boundaries of the neighborhood seem to be quite well-established.
This tiny neighborhood is packed with history. See the tag list below or check out the Snow Museum, the Camron-Stanford House, the Scottish Rite Center, Schilling Gardens or Holy Names University, formerly known as Convent of the Sacred Heart which was previously located in Lakeside.
- Malonga Casquelourd Center for the Arts
- Snow Park
- Regillus Apartments
- Hill Castle Apartments
- Scottish Rite Center
- Lakeside neighborhood on Nextdoor.com
Places of Worship
Pages tagged “lakeside”
Links and References
- Lakeside Apartments District on Wikipedia
- Gold Coast Redux / Take a drive on Lakeside, Oakland's memory lane SFGate June 23, 2002
- ad (Gold Coast) Oakland Tribune September 7, 1980