The Ladies' Relief Society Children's Home was established in 1872 by the Ladies Relief Society in Oakland, California. Standing on 14 acres, the Children's Home was located on 42nd Street just west of Broadway. Destroyed by fire in 1906, the building was rebuilt from 1906 to 1907. Through the 1930's children continued to live at the facility.
Since 1949, the building has been the home to the Studio One Art Center, which underwent a major renovation from 2005 to 2009.
The current building, which stands on the site of the original Children's Home, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places #06000612. On January 6, 2009 the Studio One Arts Center (Ladies Relief Society Children's Home) was designated Oakland Landmark #141, under Zoning Case #LM06-340.
365 - 45th Street, Oakland, California.