L. C. Firestine Ford was a Ford car dealership owned by Les C. Firestine, "The Ford Man" of the East Bay. From 1921-1923, the dealership was located at 6216 College Avenue. 2 From June, 1923 to 1940, it was at 6300 College Avenue, on the Oakland Berkeley border. In 1940, it was taken over by Clarence Bullwinkel Ford. The site is now occupied by the Safeway on College.
Lester Clarence Firestine (April 18, 1885 – October 17, 1967) and his wife Myrtle Peterson (Firestine) lived at 5701 Hermann Street in 1935. 1 In 1918, Firestine worked at Ed Veitch Ford at 2820 Broadway.
Links and References
- Polk's Oakland Directory 1935
- Berkeley Gazette, November 5, 1921.