Kaiser Center, aka the Kaiser Building, was at one time the tallest building in Oakland. Architect Welton Becket designed the building to serve as the world headquarters Henry J. Kaiser, who for a number of years also lived in the penthouse apartment.
The Kaiser Center was built on the former site of the College of Holy Names, which moved to the Oakland Hills in 1957. The building was completed in 1960; the adjacent 3-story office and retail complex was completed in 1963.
It is adjacent to the Kaiser Roof Garden, which is on top of a 5-story parking structure that serves the building. The Kaiser Center is also the home of of world class meetings and events. The building next door is the Ordway Building.
300 Lakeside Drive, Oakland, California