John Cox Mortuary was a mortuary at 4016 Howe Street from 1948 until 1984.
John Cox III opened his mortuary on Howe Street in 1948. After he passed in the late 1950s, his wife Loretta and daughter Gee Gee Donnelly continued to operate the business until they closed their location and merged with Grant Miller Mortuary in 1984. John Cox IV, who was a former priest at St Leo’s, became employed with Aurora Casket Company and his son Ed, the mortuary founder’s grandson, continues to follow in his father’s footsteps in the Oakland area. 1
Links and References
- Grant Miller-John Cox Mortuary website