Job Corps is the nation’s largest career technical training and education program for low-income young people ages 16 through 24. Established in 1964, Job Corps serves approximately 60,000 young people each year and takes pride in its diverse student population, welcoming all who qualify.
TRAINING AND EDUCATION
The Career Development Services System (CDSS) is Job Corps’ way of providing seamless services to students, including recruitment, education, career training, job assistance, and transitional support services after graduation. Upon joining Job Corps, each student works with staff to develop an individualized Personal Career Development Plan (PCDP) to stay on track for success.
Students can receive hands-on training in career areas such as Construction, Finance and Business, Health Care, and Information Technology. Additionally, Job Corps is committed to the development of green job training and preparing students for careers in fields that will lead to a cleaner, more energy-efficient future. Job Corps students participate in on-the-job training at real work sites through work-based learning opportunities. In the academic classroom, students have the opportunity to earn a high school diploma or the equivalent, and learn employability and independent-living skills. While enrolled in the program, students receive housing, meals, basic medical care, and biweekly living allowances. Job Corps also has a strict Zero Tolerance Policy for drugs and violence. Since Job Corps is a self-paced program, and lengths of stay vary, students may remain enrolled for up to 2 years.
JOB CORPS - NORTHERN CALIFORNIA OUTREACH & ADMISSIONS
The Northern California Outreach & Admissions Department is located in Downtown Oakland, CA, and is happy to assist Bay Area young adults with questions about the program, eligibility requirements, or to get you in contact with an Admissions Counselor to answer your questions.
The first step to the admissions process is to attend an Orientation / Info Session; which will provide you with detailed information about the program, which trades are offered at our centers to train in; and generally last around 2-hours. All of our Orientations / Info Sessions are drop-in events and you do not need to preregister to attend. If you are under the age of 18-years old, you must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Orientations are held at all of our regional Job Corps Centers:
Treasure Island Job Corps Center, 351 H Avenue, Treasure Island, San Francisco, CA 94130
- Orientations are held every Thursday morning at 10:00 a.m. (Arrive at 9:30 a.m. to sign in)
San Jose Job Corps Center, 3485 East Hills Drive, San Jose, CA 95127
- Orientations are held every Thursday morning at 8:30 a.m. (Arrive at 8:00 a.m. to sign in)
Sacramento Job Corps Center, 3100 Meadowview Road, Sacramento, CA 95832
- Orientations are held every Thursday morning at 9:00 a.m. (Arrive at 8:30 a.m. to sign in)
Orientations are also held regularly at area Employment Development Department (EDD) One Stops all over the Bay Area:
Please plan to arrive 30-minutes to the start time listed below to sign in
- Concord, CA - EASTBAY Works One-Stop Career Center – 4071 Port Chicago Highway, Suite 250, Concord, CA 94520 - Held the 1st and 2nd Tuesday of every Month at 10:00 a.m.
- Richmond, CA - RichmondWORKS One-Stop Career Center - 330 25th Street, Richmond, CA 94804- Held the 3rd Tuesday of every Month at 10:00 a.m.
- Alameda, CA - Alameda One-Stop Career Center - 555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Parkway, Alameda, CA 94501 - Held the 3rd Tuesday of every Month at 10:00 a.m.
- Hayward, CA - Eden Area One-Stop Career Center - 24100 Amador Street, 3rd Floor, Hayward, CA 94544 - Held the 4th Friday of every Month at 10:00 a.m.
- Berkeley, CA - North Cities One Stop Career Center (Berkeley Adult School) - 1701 San Pablo Avenue, Room 216, Berkeley, CA 94702 - Held the 3rd Tuesday of every Month at 10:00 a.m.
- Fairfield, CA - Solano Employment Connection - Fairfield (North) - 320 Campus Lane, Fairfield, CA 94534 - Held the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every Month at 2:00 p.m.
- Vallejo, CA - Solano Employment Connection - Vallejo (South) - 1440 Marin Street, Vallejo, CA 94590 - Held the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every Month at 2:00 p.m.
Visit our website for further information - http://www.norcaljobcorps.com/, or give us a call at (510) 832-2549 for information about the Job Corps Program and where the next Job Corps Orientation near you will be held.