Irwin, Gurnett, and Company was a furniture store in early Oakland. It was started c.1864 by W.H. Irwin and William J. Gurnett. About 1871, William's brother Albert Gurnett joined the partnership. In 1873, Irwin retired and it became Gurnett Brothers. 1 They were also one of the first undertakers in Oakland.
The undertaking business was sold to William Helmert, which was later sold Albert Brown.
The original location of the business is unknown. In 1869, they moved to the Broadway Block on Broadway between 11th and 12th Streets. 2
In 1874, they sold off their stock and closed the business. 5