CC SA-BY Our Oakland

Hotel Lakehurst was primarily a residential hotel at 1569 Jackson Street. It is now Lakehurst Hall, a retirement home.

The building was constructed c.1929, then purchased in 1930 by the Empire Trading Corporation. 2 Despite being relatively new it was refurbished, 3 and later that year, 15 rooms were added. J. G. Kiefaber was the manager. 4

In 1932, Mrs. Grace B. Miles was appointed director of cuisine. 5

1929 ad 11930 ad1932 5

Links and References

  1. ad Oakland Tribune October 24, 1929
  2. Lakehurst Is Purchased By Trading Firm Oakland Tribune January 26, 1930
  3. Businessmen Give Approval to Lakehurst Oakland Tribune February 2, 1930
  4. Lakehurst Has Addition of Fifteen Rooms Oakland Tribune September 7, 1930
  5. Patronage at Hotel Grows Oakland Tribune August 7, 1932