Holy Names High School is a private Catholic girls' high school. It was the first high school in Oakland, founded in 1868 on the shores of Lake Merritt by the sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. It is currently located in Upper Rockridge at 4660 Harbord Drive and has a student body of about 130 young women.
Holy Names prides itself on its small class sizes (the student-teacher ratio is 11:1) and strong arts program. It is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the Western Catholic Educational Association.