The Gibson Branch Library was a small Oakland public library at 6915 Sunkist Drive. The building was donated by Col. Chauncey W. Gibson, who also donated for the construction of the Montclair Branch Library.
The library opened May 2, 1929. Despite efforts from neighbors, it was closed in 1968. According to Oakland History Center librarian Dorothy Lazzard, in a July 1968 letter to Mayor John Reading, one patron remembered the Gibson Library as a "warm, happy, humming place." The building is still standing, though it is now a single-family residence.
The library was near Burckhalter Elementary School.