CC SA-BY Our Oakland

The Fruitvale Masonic Temple is at 34th and International (East 14th) was built in 1909.

The First Church of Christ, Scientist, Fruitvale met there in 1909. 3

The 1912 Sanborn shows a liquor store and restaurant on the ground floor. The 1913 directory lists a restaurant run by William R. Parker at 3355 and a millinery run by Mary J. Parker next door at 3359; 3369 was a branch of Theodore Gier Wine Company. 1

1912 Sanborn excerpt

CC SA-BY Our OaklandCC SA-BY Our Oakland

1954 Building

There was a later Fruitvale Masonic Temple on the southeast corner of Fruitvale Ave. at Galindo. The groundbreaking was in 1954; 2 the debt was paid off by 1965. The last Tribune reference to it found is from 1973 as Masonic Lodge No. 440. 4

1957 Sanborn excerpt

Links and References

  1. Polk-Husted Oakland Directory 1913
  2. Fruitvale Masons Lay New Temple Cornerstone Oakland Tribune September 20, 1954
  3. The Local Pulpits Oakland Tribune December 18, 1909
  4. Sciots To Confer Degree Oakland Tribune March 25, 1973